Sunday 12 July 2009

1. Lose 5 kilos by 30 June 2009



I weighed myself on day 1 (1 January 2009) and resolved to do the same on the last day of every month during the 1001 days, and on day 1001. In addition, I had specific weight loss targets, the first being to lose 5kg from my day 1 weight in six months (i.e. by 30 June). For consistency, weighing was always done just after getting up in the morning. Here are my weights for the first six months.

1 January: 89kg
31 January: 88kg
28 February*: 87kg
31 March: 83kg
30 April: 84kg
31 May: 82kg
30 June: 82kg

*I actually forgot on 28 February and weighed myself on 2 March instead, but as that's only 30 days since the last weighing I think it's OK.

31 March came as a bit of a surprise! I'm now a little worried that I've lost too much weight and won't be able to meet my second target, which is to be no heavier on 31 December 2009 than my 30 June weight (whatever that might be). Losing weight as summer approaches is a lot easier than losing it in autumn and winter, when your body naturally fattens itself up anyway. So from a difficulty point of view, it's more like continuing to lose weight than trying to stay the same.

Once 2009 is up I may set new weight-related targets, but those will have to be separate from the 101 things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here.